Chicken Fried Rice

Leave a Comment
Cheers to all!!! Let me introduce myself, My name is Lucy and I like cooking cleaning.....Yeah I know now you will be thinking who likes cleaning in-fact I like to sit and relax  when the house is clean spick and span. A typical Malayalee house wife, I guess that's what I am.
Apart from this I like reading and watching movies, travelling etc.
This Blog is all about cooking as the name rightly suggest. My guests always ask me the recipes of various dishes and I have been thinking of writing this blog for quite some time now.
 Here I will share some of my successful recipes .I will be updating the blog every week so check in every now and then.
Let’s start with:

Chicken Fried Rice
This is an Easy recipe and good for beginners but at the same time quite delicious. 



 


Ingredients:

• Basmati Rice : 2 cups
• Lemon Juice: 2  tbsp.
• Chicken Breast :2
• Parsley :1Bunch
• Coriander Leaves-1bunch
• Carrot :1 cup cubed
• Beans :1 cup chopped
• Capsicum (red) :1/2 chopped
• Capsicum (green): 1/2 chopped
• Onion :1/2 Chopped
• Garlic :4 - 5 flakes crushed
• Pepper: 1 tsp.
• Soya Sauce: 1tbsp.
• Egg: 2 nos.

Method:

• Cook the rice in plenty of water and add lemon juice and salt before straining (make sure the rice do not get overcooked.)
• Cook the chicken with salt pepper and 1.5 cups of water along with parsley and coriander.
• Take out the cooked chicken, shred it when it is cold and keep it aside.  Simmer the stalk till 1/2 cup of it is left.
• Cook the beans in microwave for 2 minutes, and then add the carrots and cook it together for another 1 minute.
• Whisk the two eggs with salt and pepper.
• In a nonstick pan heat 1 tsp. of oil and scramble the egg in it and keep it aside.
• In a big wok heat two tablespoons of oil add crushed garlic, chopped Onions and sauté for one or two minutes .
• Add the shredded chicken and sauté for a couple of minutes until light brown.
• Also add all the vegetable one by one.
• Mix soya sauce with the chicken stalk and add it to the wok.
• Finally add the rice and mix it gently until evenly distributed.
• Garnish with egg and serve hot.


Note: You can add cooked beef and prawns to make  it a mixed  fried rice!!!

             
Next PostNewer Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment