Country duck roast

Leave a Comment

Last time when we went to Parumala, we also went to Thompson’s Bakery where the appam and duck curry is famous. After that day my daughter started telling me to make a dish using duck. As I have never tried it before, even I wanted to experiment with it. But there was a problem, we don’t get processed duck like chicken which is found in most of the grocery stores in Kerala. I have seen my mother and mother in law doing it. (It is a tedious process like burning the small feathers to remove it and applying turmeric powder all over it etc. etc…). So when we came back to Kuwait, we bought a frozen German duck .The duck which we get in Kerala is different. (More skinny and health conscious unlike the German duck). So coming back, now the task was how to prepare the duck. I took out an old recipe book in which I remember seeing a duck roast recipe. All the recipes which I tried from it was good and I thought I will try this recipe also and this decision did not disappoint me.

Country duck roast
 
 
Ingredients
•Duck (cleaned and cut into big pieces)-1kg

•Coriander powder-2 ½ tbsp.

•Pepper powder- ½ tbsp.

•Chili powder -1 tbsp.

•Ginger-2” piece

•Garlic-1big pod

•Shallots- 8

•Cloves-6

•Cinnamon-2” piece

•Turmeric powder-1tsp

•Coconut milk (light)-3 cups

•Onions-2(thinly sliced)

•Curry leaves- 2 sprigs

•Coconut oil- ½ cup

•Salt to taste

Method

•Grind coriander powder, pepper powder, chili powder, ginger, and garlic, shallots, cloves, cinnamon and turmeric powder to a fine paste.

•Marinate the duck pieces with the ground paste for an hour.

•Cook the duck with the coconut milk and separate the duck pieces from the gravy.

•Heat oil in a thick bottom pan and fry the onions and curry leaves and keep aside for garnishing.

•In the same oil fry the duck pieces in batches till golden brown.

•Now pour the remaining gravy to the oil simmer it in a low flame for about 4 to 5 minutes.

•Add the duck pieces and stir till everything is mixed properly.

•Remove it in a serving dish and garnish with the fried curry leaves and onions.
 
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment